Tuesday, July 1, 2014

don't hold back

I am a big fan of Dr. Ben Carson, not because he's in the spotlight lately but because he has been a childhood hero for me.  And when we heard him recently he reminded us to not be politically correct.  To say the things on your heart, from your heart.

A Facebook friend had recently shared her opinion on a controversial Supreme Court decision.  I disagreed with her because of core beliefs.  I struggled whether or not I should say anything.  But I decided to.  Because there are so many out there who generalize people.  Liberal vs conservative.  Christian vs non-Christian.  And honestly I am sick of it.

If we are going to get anywhere in this country, we have to stop getting on our sides and start reaching out to have true conversations.  Jesus sure didn't shy away from those who disagreed with him.

I follow that though with a heart of love.  We are going to get nowhere if we look at life as a competition.  We are all brothers and sisters because we are all made in God's image.  We have to stop separating ourselves from people who are different from us.

Speak out IN LOVE.

No comments: